Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Trials of Faith

Within six months of Ashlei arriving at MD Anderson in Houston they had done Chemo, Radiation, and a bone marrow transplant (8/21). In October we were told the bone marrow transplant had been successful and Ashlei was in remission! Prayers were answered, tears were shed, we were so thankful and so blessed! Right after Thanksgiving, after a routine PET scan, we found out the tumor was back. It was blow to Ashlei especially because she was so sure all was well. She had another PET scan Friday, and today we heard the results: not only is the cancer back, it is no longer localized - the study says it is seen basically throughout her spine, and in other bones. Her Lymph system and other organs are clear - that's a blessing. Her doctor says this is typical of Lymphoma and we are still a long way from giving up.

She will most likely enter a trial study which will provide her with a new Chemo drug that has been very successful. Her doctor says if this doesn't work there are several other options out there.

I just want her to get well. I want her to live long and healthy. I want a miracle. If I could I would take it from her, but I know I cannot. This is not my trial to bear; it is hers. For myself I pray for added faith, comfort, and peace. I do know that Heavenly Father is there; He is aware, and all is well.

I love my daughter-in-law. I am thankful for her; for all that she is to my son and for the precious grandson she has given us. I am thankful that families are forever.

No comments: