Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Blog Thing Continues

Sarah told me she tagged me in this blog thing, but I've gotten really bad about keeping my blog up. Well, here I am and here goes:

1) I STILL, even at this point in my life, have issues that stem from being a foster kid, and from coming from the family that I originally came from.

2) I've been in Texas for twenty-seven years and I have only gone home a handful of times. I blame it on Milton, but most of the times I could have gone home I made the choice not to go.

3) Since Ashlei's death I have struggled with my testimony. A lot of things I have always believed and knew, and kind of took for granted - I'm just sure anymore. I've been running on faith these past seven months. I really want to KNOW again.

4) One of my pet peeves is to have both sides of the sink piled with stuff. We have a rule here by golly - keep one side of the sink clear!

5) I want to write a novel (well, not just one) and be a best seller.

6) I want to be a Nurse Practioner (no, not a doctor) I'll work with Sarah!

7) I have a goal to get to my ideal weight by the time I'm fifty. (I have three years and five weeks!) Then I want to do the P90X and be a HOT momma!

8) I feel that I have no control over my own life. I don't run anything - it all runs me. My finances, my weight, my kids, the house I live in, still being in Odomville...my kids tell me to take control and make a change, but I feel powerless.

9) I have NO friends (my kids excuded). I really don't. I even pray and ask Heavenly Father for a friend - pretty sad, huh? To clarify - I mean a friend to talk to every day - about anything, a friend that I go do things with, a friend that makes as much of an effort to be my friend as I do to be their friend. To be fair - a lot of the blame is my own.

10) I have always wanted to play the violin. I still do, and one of these days I will pursue that goal!

This was actually not as difficult as I thought it would be. I really thought about it and hope I surprise some people - I tried to dig deep.

Oh yeah - list ten things and then tag seven people.

2 comments:

Sarah Fruge said...

I love you Mom! You are one of my best friends, and I am SO lucky to have such a wonderful mom and friend all rolled up in one!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great post! Love the blog!