Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pine Hill

I'm in Bellville at Pine Hill Stable with Megan this weekend. Emelie and Megan's friend Chanice are here too. Megan is in her first Eventing competition. There are three "tests" in Eventing: Cross Country Jumping, Stadium Jumping, and Dressage. Megan is riding Kamo - short for Kamokazi Ed! He's about twenty-three and has been doing this for a long time. They take good care of each other!
Last night she ended up "schooling" on the cross country jumps. That was interesting. I have a few really good shots and will get them uploaded when I get home to my own computer. Today will be competition in Dressage and Stadium jumping.
We are actually staying in Sealy which is about fifteen minutes from Bellview. It's really a nice little town just northwest of Houston. I love this part of Texas - near Navasota and Brenham. There's a lot of history here - I love that! All these little towns are so neat because they're very old and still have that part of town, and then you come to the new and developed part of town with Wal-Mart and countless restaurants and fast food! It's an interesting combination.

No comments: