Monday, November 17, 2008

Unexpected Road Trip

I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting and for some reason had the feeling to check my cell phone (I had it on vibrate). Heber had sent me a text message asking me to meet him in Huntsville after church. Megan and I actually ended up meeting him in Humble. Anyways...he was down for the weekend visiting Ashlei and Jace because he's going to deploy some time soon - this week or next. This will be his first deployment in two years. We had a great visit with the three of them. Jace is getting so big - he kept looking up at the planes as they passed overhead, playing with his dog, Lexy, and just being silly. He looked so happy - his little face was literally lit up! Ashlei still has to go to the hospital twice a week, but she's doing really well. I'm glad she and Jace can be together, but it breaks my heart that Heber is by himself, and that they are all separated. We had a little bonus come home with us - their little Pomeranian puppy, Minnie Fury! She's adorable - a tiny little fur ball!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Fruge said...

Hey Chica! I so excited about spending the weekend with you! I can't wait!!!!!!!! I love you.