Thursday, January 22, 2009

News in a Nutshell

I have really neglected by blog cuz I'm so hooked on Facebook! I really want to keep it up though, so here is my news - in a nutshell!

I have been busy busy busy with work, church basketball, school basketball, church meetings and activities, etc. etc. etc. I'm such a homebody and to be running the roads everyday and getting in late at night is threatening to cause a serious meltdown!

I'm going to Houston today to take Ashlei to the doctor. She's had one Chemo treatment so far, and her test results have come back positive. Her bone marrow has gone from five percent cancer cells to less than two percent -yahoo! Also, her MRI was good, but that's all I know about that.

Heber's deployment will be over soon, and then he will finally be able to move to Houston. I'm so glad because they have been separated for about nine months. I think Ashlei has been back to Oklahoma two or three times, and Heber comes to Texas as often as he can, but it's not the same as being together. I keep praying Heavenly Father will bless the doctors and guide their every move. I want her to get well and live a long happy life so badly, but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan and I have faith in that.

My baby, Jarom, turned sixteen yesterday - wow! He's so tall and handsome - I'm so proud of the young man he is becoming. I see a spiritual strength in him and he is heading in the right direction. What more could a mother want?! I noticed on his Facebook he said his birthday sucked - that makes me sad. It was a crazy day.

My mom and dad are eighty-three years old. Poor dad is most likely in early Alzheimer's Disease or some kind of dementia. I'm so thankful it has happened at this stage of his life and not say - ten years ago. He has always been so strong and healthy and full of life. My mom had a heart attack and stroke two weeks ago. She's like a Timex though - she takes a licking and keeps on ticking! She's doing really well! She left the hospital and went into a nursing home - to rehab. She tells me the therapists are working her pretty hard!

So...that's the scoop of lately. I STILL need to get Christmas pictures up!

No comments: