Monday, January 26, 2009

Our Weekend With Claire

Yahoo! We had Claire for the weekend! I talked to her at some point during the day on Friday and made the mistake of asking her if she was coming to Gammy's house and what would we do. She was ready to go! Her mommy explained to her that she would be coming later and I could hear her say tearfully, "Okay" :(

Finally the time arrived and I met Sarah and Claire at Wal-Mart in Silsbee. After we - well Kevin - loaded everything in my car, Claire and I went into Wal-Mart. It was so fun! She was waving and telling everybody we saw, "hello"!

When we got to the house the first person we saw was Jarom. Claire stopped in his bedroom doorway and announced, "I"m here! I'm here, Uncle Jay! I'm here!" He was on the phone and kind of ignored her which broke her heart. She melted into tears - Uncle Jay had to do some quick repenting!

The whole weekend was filled with fun and laughter. We are always amazed by how cute and smart she is! Do I sound biased??? Anywayz...it was such a fun weekend - as always - when sweet little Claire comes to visit us! I'm so thankful to Kevin and Sarah - they are so generous to share her with us from time to time!

When I took her back to Silsbee to meet Sarah - she cried for Gammy. That was cool!

2 comments:

Sarah Fruge said...

She had a blast. I'm glad you guys are close enough to keep her for us when we need it. Thanks for taking such good care of my angel!

Betty said...

Always and Forever!!!